Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Animals Provide Spa Treatment Part I

Rocky, my cat has that strange habit of kneading blankets, pillows, really anything soft including us, with his paws.  Evidently it's more common than I initially thought.  Some of my co-workers call it "making bread".


One evening, my husband remarked, while being kneaded in the back by Rocky, that cats should be used for massage.  I don't know that anyone has capitalized on cats' abilities to work the knots out, but another animal has been used as massage therapists.

In Israel, you can swim in the dead sea, walk in the Garden of Gethsemane, and get a massage by several snakes.  Ada Barak is the brains behind this spa treatment idea.  She noticed that people seem to calm down when they interacted with her snakes.  With that thought in mind, she figured that using snakes in massage would be a great idea.

Evidently she's not the only one because her snakes have been giving massages since 2007.  

I don't know, what do you think?  Would you be calmed by a snake masseuse?

2 comments:

  1. No! I have a fear of them. I like hot rocks instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried either (snakes nor rocks), but I'd be interested in trying both at least once. Probably not at the same time, although the snakes might enjoy the hot rocks as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...